Top 12 Email Marketing Campaigns From 2017
Fri 4th May
Email marketing is still delivering outstanding ROI for all sectors. In fact, according to Adestra’s Email Marketing Industry Census 2017 in partnership with Econsultancy, 73 per cent of marketers consider email as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ in terms of ROI. That is why from B2B to B2C companies across a wide range of industries, we’ve been showcasing our favourite emails across the thousands of campaigns sent out by our clients each month. Each winning Campaign of the Month then went on to compete for the accolade of 2017 Campaign of the Year, decided on through a worldwide call for votes from our clients, partners, and the general public. Ready for some inspiration?
- Targeted email messaging created by FatMedia, delivered 2500 per cent ROI for Daffodil Hotel & Spa. As holiday blues kick in after Christmas, The Daffodil Hotel & Spa promoted special accommodation offers in line with the post-Christmas sales period.
- Fuel Card Services decided to think outside the (in)box and created an enticing campaign for Valentine’s Day. which resulted in a 90 per cent open rate. The email campaign included an on-brand animation and a straightforward message to create enthusiasm and engagement.
- Sent six weeks ahead of Easter to mark the start of their seasonal promotions, Fortnum & Mason achieved a 27 per cent higher open rate and £90 average per order.
- Whittard exceeded sales target by 28 per cent with their Easter campaign, which used animation.
- Environmental Finance used behavioural segmentation to encourage subscribers to buy event tickets early, which resulted in a 86 per cent click to open rate.
- World Animal Protection used email to gain support against tiger cruelty, and they achieved 33 per cent share rate from the campaign.
- The animal charity Blue Cross adopted a different email content approach. They created two automated programs: cat advice and dog advice, which successfully achieved 48 per cent and 43 percent open rate respectively.
- Using cat videos, rigorous testing, and social media, Purina created a cross-channel campaign that achieved 58 per cent click to open rate.
- To nurture subscribers, Penguin Random House created a birthday email program, which achieved some fantastic results, with average click-to-open rates of 38 per cent.
- After creating a branded and mobile-friendly template, Minto saw a three per cent uplift in click to open rate.
- Sometimes newsletters can be perceived as lacking in sparkle. However, that’s not the case for Kano Computing, which creates fun newsletters that keep subscribers engaged.
- Creating an automated post-purchased journey helped Kogan Page achieved £200 revenue during the first month and improve conversion rates.
Why not download our Campaign of The Year 2017 booklet?