At Ridgeway we are seeking a creative UX Lead to join our growing User Experience Team. You should be a UX evangelist who champions the importance of user centred design through assured communication and collaboration. Meticulous and methodical with a desire to take a holistic approach to problem solving, the ideal candidate should have an inherent empathy for the user, and a talent for making the complex simple and intuitive.
About the Role
As UX Lead at Ridgeway, you will be working on a diverse range of exciting projects for a variety of well-known brands, evolving user requirements and business goals into commercially driven, intuitive and engaging experiences that delight users. Outstanding communication skills are essential to the role to confidently and persuasively present your ideas to internal stakeholders and client teams.
- Conducting and facilitating collaborative UX stakeholder workshops to capture user needs
- Create and validate deliverables that communicate a clear concise UX strategy, including:
- Project objectives and requirements
- User proto-personas
- Empathy maps
- User Journeys
- Prioritisation of the project scope
- Shape information architecture, content strategies and taxonomies, setting the vision for the role of content within a solution
- Produce wireframes and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity
- Perform heuristic UX audits of client sites, focusing on core criteria; design, usability, efficiency, and error frequency
- Provide support and guidance and support to other UX Designers/Architects
- Continually monitor UX best practice and establish ways to streamline and optimise processes
- Evangelise the importance of UX thinking to all areas of the business
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous commercial experience at a senior level, preferably from an agency background
- A proven portfolio that shows off your expertise, full of intuitive and engaging user centred solutions that demonstrate UX best practice
- A mobile first philosophy
- Experience using industry standard tools such as Axure, Sketch, GatherContent, HotJar, InVision, and Google Analytics
- Incredible attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with a multi-disciplined team of BE & FE Developers, Designers, SEO Analysts and Producers
Desirable Skills and Experience
- In and off page SEO, accessibility and web performance
- Primary and secondary user insight research techniques
- Designing for CMS driven ecommerce solutions
- Experience contributing towards refining on-going UX processes, tools and technologies
- Evidence of a proactive approach to learning, actively seeking out and sharing new technologies and approaches
Who are we?
Ridgeway are a digital agency that work together and learn from each other to craft award-winning digital projects for our clients that ultimately make their customers happy. We work with some pretty amazing clients including the likes of Krispy Kreme, YO!, Twinings, HMV, and De Beers.
We offer a competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements upon application.
This is a full time role within our Witney studio in Oxfordshire.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and strongly support diversity in our team.
Find out more and apply for this role here https://www.ridgeway.com/careers/ux-lead