Senior UX Designer/Researcher
Based on experience
For our Manchester office we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher/Designer to join our UX & Design team. Our UXD team here at Dept is a mixed discipline of UX Specialists, Business Analysts and Visual Designers. You will work collaboratively within the team to create amazing experiences that exceed client expectations for a variety of global high profile b2b and b2c brands.
The purpose of the Senior UX Researcher/Designer role will be two-fold.
1. You will support projects in the early Discovery Phases by undertaking UX Research tasks such as Stakeholder Interviews, Usability Tests, Analytics Reviews and Workshops.
2. You will turn the insights you have found from your research into recommendations, producing wireframes and working collaboratively with Visual Designers to bring your ideas to life.
To be a success in this role you’ll need to be highly proficient in UX Research and Design practices such as wireframing, usability testing and prototyping. You will produce and deliver reports that summarise your findings, and help clients define how to measure their digital success (objectives to KPI’s). You’ll also need to be confident in front of people and working with others as this role is very client facing. The successful candidate would be expected to work collaboratively with senior client stakeholders and within the team, using their creativity and experience find effective solutions to digital challenges.
- Have experience working within Digital Teams within a UX/Research role
- Have at least 4 years industry experience
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection
- Be able to undertake UX Research tasks from Usability Testing to Stakeholder Interviews
- Be able to produce reports based on your findings
- Be able to deliver client workshops
- Be proficient in wireframing tools such as Sketch and Axure
- Be able to create storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Be able to work alongside Designers to bring ideas to life
- Be up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Have experience working within a Content Management System.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone’s hard work.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 1000 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.