Jaywing are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the team and play a leading role in creating remarkable user centred design experiences. You’ll be based in Newbury working alongside designers, producers and developers, getting involved in the discovery, definition and creation of large scale mobile-first websites, apps, digital transformation projects and innovative marketing briefs.
With more than 40 team-members in our office, and a wider business of over 500 specialists to draw upon, Jaywing has a great reputation – making it an exciting place to build your career.
We are looking for a talented practitioner rather than a hands off overseer, with experience across a spectrum of user experience disciplines.
The right candidate will have an eye for the bigger picture and will be comfortable with clients – who choose Jaywing over more affordable options because of our ability to find insight in data, challenge briefs, drive change and build what we say.
From day one, you’ll be adding value on briefs in the sectors of Education, Leisure & Entertainment, FMCG, Automotive, Recruitment and more. Long-term, we’d also like you to help us to develop our service offering, embedding improvements, better products and new ways of working into our process.
What are we looking for?
- A portfolio featuring bold, insight-driven projects plus exemplars of documents such as usability reports, functional specs, wireframes, personas, taxonomy studies, competitor research or content strategies
- Unabashed mobile first thinking
- Someone that champions the user in everything we do
- A fascinated with business models and how UX can drive improvement and effectiveness
- Knowledge of component based methodologies and an awareness of Sitecore and Umbraco
- Collaborative by nature, you enjoy working interactively with designers and developers on prototypes and micro-UX enhancements
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent written reporting with strong attention to detail
- An ambassador of UCD principles across the agency, with views on our industry (potentially for the Jaywing blog)
- A creative problem-solver by nature
- The confidence and experience to present to clients (we’d welcome someone who enjoys the rush of a good pitch).
- Full time employees enjoy a range of staff benefits – including the Jaywing Oodles card which provides discounts on all sorts of lovely stuff
- A social event is never far off – so you’ll feel part of our culture and settle in quickly
- We’re close to Newbury town centre, so there’s an excellent coffee shop and plenty to do nearby
A complete list of benefits will be provided after first interviews.
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to email@example.com.