At Ridgeway we are seeking a dedicated QA Executive who can provide a quality assurance service within our Project and Service teams to ensure that required quality assurance levels are achieved as part of Ridgeway’s project delivery processes.
About the Role
As a QA Executive you will not only be tasked with ensuring that website applications are delivered with highest levels of quality possible, but you will also be responsible for supporting and actively contributing to the continuous development and improvement of Ridgeway’s QA capability.
- Contribute to the creation of project plans by developing suitable test strategies.
- Plan the appropriate use of defined tools and/or methods to cover automated testing, performance, accessibility, usability, legal compliance, device/browser compatibility testing and load testing, which is suitable and appropriate for the project
- Assist the development team identify user journeys and scenarios
- Verify project specifications and designs against project requirements
- Estimate and quantify all QA tasks and effort within the project context – including planning, script writing and test execution
- Prepare and execute testing by writing test scripts in line with agreed plans and project strategies
- Document and log issues and provide feedback to the project team
- Log and triage all defects found during the project development lifecycle, through User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and into post-project warranty
- Produce detailed defect and test execution status reports
- Provide demonstrations of developing applications to team members and clients during the project lifecycle
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience within a commercial environment (such as a digital agency) creating and delivering test scripts against user stories and specification documents for medium and enterprise level websites
- Familiarity with relevant test tools and services, for example; Selenium, Microsoft Azure, Jasmine, Cucumber, SpecFlow, Katalon or similar as well as manual testing
- Strong Excel and Jira skills
- Excellent communication skills both in discussing and documenting issues and recommendations – including dealing with developers, internal managers and clients
- Broad understanding of website testing
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience delivering performance and load testing, using suitable tools
- Knowledge of development languages such as; .Net, SQL Server and HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform, or similar .Net CMS and e-commerce application(s)
- Previous evidence of developing and improving test processes
- Use of Visual Studio in creating, running and diagnosing automated tests
- Prior experience in a test role using TDD, Continuous Integration and/or automated testing
Who are we?
Ridgeway are a digital agency that work together and learn from each other to craft award-winning digital projects for our clients that ultimately make their customers happy. We work with some pretty amazing clients including the likes of YO!, Twinings, HMV and De Beers.
We offer a competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements upon application.
This is a full-time role based in our Witney studio in Oxfordshire.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and strongly support diversity in our team.
Find out more and to apply for this role here.