For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Java Developer who wants to be a vital member of an international team of talented engineers and experts.
As a Java Developer, you will combine good coding standards, creativity, technology and data to design and develop complex E-commerce solutions, Java based CMS implementations, customized components and back-end integrations for our enterprise customers.
We will expose you to the latest technologies, get you working with our big brand clients, and integrate you to the Manchester Tech community through our regular Dept Talks meet-ups, and Hackathons. We take the time to invest in you and progress you through the business, giving you the guidance you need to get where you want in your career.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Will have a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing Java (Web) applications
- Have knowledge of web services (REST/SOAP)
- Have experience with Git, Maven, Spring, Servlets, OSGi (would be nice to have and is considered a plus)
- Have the desire and motivation to expand your knowledge of Java and/or Java CMS systems
- Have high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and a drive to grow
- Have a team player mindset, good communications skills and good command of English
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff
- Flexible hours around our 10am-12pm 2pm-4pm core hours
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare
- An excellent salary based on experience
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone’s hard work
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab
- Quarterly social budget.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.