Ridgeway are seeking a highly talented UI Developer to join our User Experience Team. You will have a detailed understanding of modern web technologies, a fastidious eye for detail and a desire to craft refined, well-optimised code. If you thrive when working in a collaborative and open environment alongside industry experts, then this is the role for you.
About the Role
Working within Ridgeway’s User Experience Team, you will be responsible for building the UI experiences for a variety of well-known brands. The role will require you to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months and will involve working through the entire lifecycle of web application development.
You will be expected to maintain the high development quality that we aspire to with every project, have a passion for driving technology forward, be organised, self-motivated and ambitious, and have an ability to manage your own time and workload.
- UI development of web products for numerous brands across a variety of sectors
- Accurately translate designs into fully responsive, pixel-perfect websites
- Assist project teams with scoping, requirements capture and time estimates
- Collaborate with back-end developers to implement solutions and troubleshoot issues
- Assist with the preparation of functional and technical specification documents
- Contribute towards processes, procedures, and technical approaches for the UI team
- Provide solution support and communicate directly with clients when required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience, or equivalent in UI Development
- Portfolio of development work which demonstrates your experience
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (Sass)
- Experience with front-end build tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Rollup)
- Good knowledge of source control (Git)
- Comfortable using the terminal/command line
- Solid understanding of performance and optimisation best practices
- A healthy obsession for writing clean, semantic, performant code
- Good communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Digital agency experience is desired
- An understanding of UX and design principles would be beneficial, with experience with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good knowledge of accessibility standards and SEO best practices
- Experience working with pattern libraries
- Ability to craft creative animations, transitions, and interactions
- Experience working with content management systems.
Who are we?
Ridgeway are a digital agency that work together and learn from each other to craft award-winning digital projects for our clients that ultimately make their customers happy. We work with some pretty amazing clients including the likes of YO!, Twinings, HMV and De Beers.
This is a full-time role based in our Witney studio in Oxfordshire.
Find out more and to apply for this role here.