Caliber is one of the UK’s fastest-growing organic marketing agencies, with offices based in Edinburgh and London. We specialise in Search Engine Optimisation & Content Marketing. With a continually growing team of over 25 dedicated SEO, Content and Digital Marketing specialists, we’re the biggest little online marketing agency around. We work with a variety of big brands across a wide range of industries including travel, automotive and finance.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, driven and talented Editorial Executive to join our Editorial Team, reporting to the Head of Editorial, in either the Edinburgh or London office.
In addition to copy writing and editing commercial, informational, and creative copy, you will be:
- Liaising with freelance writers and creating briefs
- Implementing on-page SEO best practice
- Carrying out quality control checks for all content in line with Caliber best practice and client guidelines
- Fact checking source material
- Working within budgets for products and departmental profitability
- Collaborating with the content strategy and insights teams to develop editorial output
- Forming coherent editorial strategies
- Creating editorial calendars
- Creating social media calendars
- Providing constructive feedback to internal and external writers
- Collaborating with heads of Editorial and Creative to develop and evolve products.
- You’re an excellent editor with copy production skills that translate across online media. You’ll work in a role supporting the Head of Editorial, reporting to them as well.
- Day-to-day tasks will include creation and quality control of content, and collaboration with Insights, Client Services and Creative teams. You’ll also need to work in line with editorial production schedules and budgets.
- If you successfully apply, you’ll be expected to edit content to an exceptional standard for some of the biggest brands in the UK, spanning sectors like travel, lifestyle, automotive, finance and retail.
- The role calls for a professional individual who can handle the demands of a busy agency environment, with a can-do attitude, a will to share knowledge and expertise both internally and externally.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong writing and editing skills (minimum 2 years industry experience)
- Basic knowledge of on-page best practice for SEO and UX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact with internal and external customers
- Capability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
- Good workload management and prioritisation
- Basic knowledge of financial controls and budgeting
- Accurate with a fine sense of attention to detail
- Professional, confident and friendly manner in business situations.
Benefits include conference attendance, frequent travel opportunities, company pension, death in service benefit, health cash plan, holiday trading, Christmas shutdown, anniversary gifts, childcare vouchers, referral scheme, flexible start time, and beer Friday.