Salary: £12000 £16500
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a talented individual with a real flair for writing to join our busy, vibrant and passionate digital marketing agency in Chelmsford, Essex. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment to assist with the increasing demand for high-quality, engaging, digital content.
We are seeking a reliable individual with outstanding writing skills and a creative eye to assist our content marketing team by creating SEO website copy, blog posts, creative content such as infographics, and update social media channels as required. Ideally, you will have at least one years’ experience in a similar role writing copy, and have a portfolio full of varied, compelling work.
As an integral part of our marketing team, you will be expected to work closely with all areas of the business in order to deliver a vast quantity of high-quality copy to strict deadlines. You will need to quickly build up a good understanding of all of the different sectors that we work with in order to produce compelling copy suited to both B2C and B2B audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Writing engaging digital content, inclusive of blogs, infographic research and optimised website copy
- Optimising all content, including adding meta titles, meta descriptions and keyword insertion
- Uploading various blogs and web copy to a variety of Content Management Systems
- Liaising with management to ensure all content meets set requirements
- Liaising confidently and professionally with clients to discuss content requirements, tone, audience and any amendments that need to be made
- Editing in-house and existing client content to ensure accuracy and quality
- Assisting with the creation and scheduling of social media posts across a range of channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Being responsible for managing your own schedule in a time conscious manner
- Keeping up to date with digital knowledge and industry news.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role with writing copy (candidates will be required to provide examples of previous written work at interview stage)
- Some experience in digital marketing, in particular SEO and social media would be preferred
- Exceptional spelling, punctuation and grammar, with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to adapt tone and direction according to the client or type of content required
- Be confident creating content for clients across a broad range of industries
- Be able to juggle a number of tasks in a fast-paced agency environment
- Be able to work under pressure to complete tasks within agreed timescales
- Be able to track progress and report to management within timescales and when required
- An English qualification to degree standard would be an advantage, or another related qualification such as journalism (NCTJ)
- Candidates will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, general knowledge of social media and have good overall computer literacy.
- Copywriting: 1 year (Required)