Digital Marketing Summit 19 October 2017
Registration And Networking Breakfast
Chair Welcome, Event Orientation And Ice Breaker
Client Services Director
Fact Or Fiction: Dispelling The Myths Of Gen Z For Brand Marketers
Following Jaywing’s 2017 attitudinal study into Gen Z, their needs, motivations, behaviours and interactions in digital, Amy and Brían will take you through the highlights of the study and how brand marketers can engage this digitally savvy and private generation.Watch Video
Client Services Director
Unlocking The Full Potential Of Email Marketing Automation
B2C marketers often think that they can’t draw inspiration from B2B campaigns and vice versa. The reality is that both markets can learn from each other and adapt automations to solve their own business engagement challenges. Join us as we explore the power of email marketing automation, getting the fundamentals right, along with examples of brands that are using complex programs to the max and reaping the benefits.Watch Video
Founder and Creative Director
Making Branded Content People Will Actually Care About
With 4.6 billion pieces of content produced daily, by consumers, brands, and everyone in between, it has become a necessity to understand what makes fundamentally great content, that lands with our respective audience, builds brand equity, and ultimately shifts the dial in terms of business sales. In his usual abrasive style, Michael will explore the three fundamental points of interactive content and what engages users online that so many brands miss.Watch Video
Networking And Refreshment Break
Lessons From AI About Language
Phrasee has done the maths - there are literally billions of ways to write the same subject line and now that emojis and # are common place, the possibilities are endless. Phrasee CEO, Parry Malm, will give you a look under the hood of the Phrasee NLG algorithm and give you tips on the types of language considerations that can affect your digital campaigns.Watch Video
Sprint! A Five-Day Process To Crack The Issues Holding Your Business Back
Somewhere along the way, the world of marketing took a wrong turn.
It became overly complicated.
It became narrow-minded.
And worst of all, it forgot to be fun.
We want to get things back on track.
By using creative ‘sprints’ to get to the heart of the matter, fast.
By using workshops and collaboration to find out what really makes your business tick.
And by tilting the work/play balance in the right direction.
We'll show you how, in 5 days, you and your team can align, design, prototype and test, with real users, solutions to brand, marketing, product, service and business challenges, and how we've done this for Expedia, Prudential and Penguin to help them sell holidays, financial security and books.Watch Video
Led by our hosts but taking the form of open discussion, the following roundtables give you the opportunity to really engage with your peers on the topics that are most important to you and your business. This is your chance to ask your important questions, to benchmark your own ideas and results, and to network with your peers and industry experts. This is not a passive experience but rather an opportunity to tailor the programme around your specific needs and gain genuine value. Topics include:
• Customer-Centricity In B2B Marketing
• Email Automation (Human Conversations At Scale)
• B2B vs B2C – We Aren’t All That Different
• Collaboration - The Blockers To Collaboration, And How To Overcome Them
• Overcoming The Barriers Of Programmatic Marketing
• How Can You Achieve A Real ROI Through Google Adwords?
• A Recipe For Love – How Can Brands Ensure They’re Trusted, Authentic, And Loved?
• New Tech = No Return: Should We Go Back To Basics?
• What More Can You Do With Your Traffic?
• Leaving The Mother-Ship: How Can Off-Site Tech Advancements Increase Awareness, Traffic & Sales?
• AI In Email Marketing For Enterprises
• CRM Engagement Strategy For Large B2C And Commerce Using AI
• Identifying & Growing Audiences Using Advanced PPC
• From Mobile-First To Face Recognition, Apple Pay To Voice Assistants - How Technology Changes Your Customers’ Buying Behaviour
• Overcoming The Common Challenges Brands Face With Personalisation And Integrated Campaigns
• Getting The Most Out Of Your Digital Activity By Taking A Holistic Approach
• Using Word Of Mouth And Trust Marketing To Build Brand Engagement
• Not All Likes Are Created Equally: How To Prioritise Engagement Types To Improve Brand ROI
• Making Content Work
• How To Power Customer Acquisition Using Referral Marketing
• Exploring The Potential Of Programmatic Marketing For Your Business
• Effective Paid Search Strategies For Retail
• How To Make Tired Brands Famous
• How To Make Content People Actually Care About
• How To Build Brand Fame Online
• How To Create A Lasting Impression Through Design
• AI Will Make An Impact On Marketers. Reality Or Just A Hype?
• Is Digital Marketing On The Ropes?
• Win Customer Loyalty With Real Time CRM
• How Lack Of Transparency In Programmatic Prevents A Connected Media Journey, And How To Get It Right
• How To Make The Most Of Your Data Without Losing Touch With Humanity
• Speed - What's Holding You Back? A Discussion On The Pros And Cons Of More Agile Approaches To Marketing
Machine Learning In Marketing
Machine learning within the programmatic digital world continues to grow exponentially. In 2016, IAB Europe estimated the value of programmatic display was €8bn. In the UK specifically, the market value has increased by 36% in the last year alone. The challenge for many marketers today, is how to harness this new technology, understand it, and then drive the best outcomes from their digital campaigns and investments. Using AI and Machine Learning, Addition+ developed their own proprietary technology to build and target new and qualified audiences at scale. Through a customer case study, Jacqui will illustrate how Addition+ was able to improve performance quickly and dramatically increase qualified reach.Watch Video
Put Your Audience First
Easy to action wisdom from audience engagements experts at Rixxo. This talk will focus on how to stay ahead of the competition, without breaking the bank. Innovation on a budget, with a touch of class.Watch Video
Where Does Google Go Next?
Machine-learning algorithms made possible by a combination of deep learning and artificial intelligence have dominated 2017. Coupled with the dramatic rise in consumer expectation levels marketers are being forced to adapt, simplify and personalise everything in a bid to remain relevant to their tech savvy customers. How do we as marketers stay ahead of these changes in behaviour and what is next in the world of Google?Watch Video
Networking And Refreshment Break
Head of Marketing
Red Hot Penny
Aggression, Efficiency And Budgets: Unravelling Awesome PPC
Join Russ Powell – Head of Marketing for digital growth experts Red Hot Penny – as he takes your hand and leads you into the world of pay-per-click (PPC) and biddable media marketing to give you insight into how you can (and probably should) be driving more online business for your brand. Illustrated with easy to understand models and real-life case studies, Russ will talk you through the need to balance aggression and efficiency with your PPC activity, and why you should probably be binning off the budgets that are more than likely limiting how effective you are online right now.Watch Video
Customer-Centricity In B2B Marketing
Your customers are human. As humans, we all like to be excited. That applies no matter how “traditional” the industries we work in can be. Join this session to open the lid on Bye2Boring: innovative strategy, smart technology and audience-centricity in B2B Marketing. Andy will share examples, insight and techniques to make sure you’re getting the very best out of your agency; banishing dull and boring B2B marketing forever!Watch Video
CEO & Co-founder
Using Word Of Mouth And Trust Marketing To Build Brand Engagement
Discover why trust and relevance are essential to building a brand. During this session, Andy will unearth the trust marketing techniques of brands like Uber and Airbnb. Plus share case studies of brands who’ve used word of mouth to build brand engagement. You’re guaranteed to get practical tips and ideas you can take back to your own business.Watch Video
17:00 - 19:00
Drinks And Networking