The aim of every gambling site is to improve the conversion of visitors to registrants. William Hill wanted to improve the number of users registering online and improve the retention of registered users by maximising the content available on the website.
RedEye’s conversion optimisation process was implemented by William Hill to help the company fully understand the behaviour of their online customers.
Through a detailed analysis of user behaviour RedEye produced a tiered program of actions to improve all areas over a six month period.
The following actions were implemented to help William Hill improve their online business:
- A/B testing on a new registration process: RedEye changed the old 4 step process for a couple of different two step processes and reviewed which was the most effective.
- Behavioural email: RedEye created a custom behavioural email program to target users registering but not depositing into their accounts. The program was tailor made to factor in several other aspects of the site, including any specific errors users received.
- Web analysis: The core and expensive to maintain content of the site was thoroughly analysed to discover if it was worth keeping. The analysis looked at how often it was being used and investigated the user profile.
RedEye’s conversion optimisation process provided William Hill with the following findings:
- Users receiving a behavioural email were five times more likely to instigate a deposit than those who didn’t
- Registrants were 2.5 times more likely to deposit and become a full customer as a result of the email programme.
Analysis of the expensive to maintain content was retained and pushed to more users due to the following findings:
- Users of the content placed more than five times as many bet slips compared to the site average
- Despite only accounting for six per cent of visitors, these users accounted for over 30 per cent of bet revenue placed on the site.
During this testing process the following results were achieved:
- a ten per cent improvement in the registration conversion process
- a 9.5 per cent click-through rate achieved through the email campaign.
“We invest a great deal of time ensuring that we get the most from all our potential customers and that we are maximising the return on our media spend. Using RedEye’s technology and service we are now able to communicate more effectively with current and potential customers in a more targeted and efficient way.” William Hill