Nair wanted to drive awareness of the Argan Oil product in order to increase purchase intent.
Strategy and execution
Nair’s video assets were hosted in the Firefly Video Illuminate creative. The campaign ran in May and then in August, using a different creative execution on each occasion.
The August campaign, designed by Exponential, included a layout intended to increase the interaction rates of an engaged audience. The design ensured the video was the prominent focus, with a video gallery set below a call to action which linked to the Nair website.
The Illuminate advertising format captures the user’s active attention through three stages to enrich the user’s experience with the brand:
• The view – an in-banner video teaser that broadcasts a 30 second video
• The sound – begins when the user hovers over the MPU for three seconds, causing the format to expand further to a 600 by 450 video player
• The motion – after five further seconds sees the video player gradually move to the centre of the page and display a dedicated microsite
The Illuminate unit ran across the Exponential network, and delivered over half a million impressions, employing a combination of contextual and behavioural data to reach the desired target audience.
Compared to the results achieved in May, the August campaign showed a 32 per cent uplift in dwell time, a 22 per cent higher click-through rate and a 33 per cent higher interaction rate. It achieved results that were higher than the UK benchmark.
A brand effectiveness study by Vizu revealed that users who were exposed to the creative were nearly 44 per cent more likely to purchase Nair.
Results – August campaign
• 29 second dwell time
• 4.96 per cent click-through rate
• 8.34 per cent interaction rate
• Almost a quarter of engaged users watched 100 per cent of the video