MTV approached Tribal Fusion to help them increase awareness of the upcoming new series of hit show Punk’d. The main objectives were:
• To drive awareness
• To drive viewing intent
• To engage and excite their target audience
• Measure brand uplift
To increase awareness and viewing intent, Tribal Fusion used its premium user initiated engagement product Firefly Video, to deliver an impactful campaign.
Tribal Fusion built a multi-video unit showcasing Punk’d trailers and additional video content.
The campaign was delivered on a cost per engagement metric to ensure no media spend wastage.
Tribal Fusion built a bespoke branded Firefly Video unit for MTV that enabled customers to watch a variety of trailers:
• Once the user engaged with a MPU teaser unit, a classic Firefly Video ad was served. This promoted the video player, thus driving audience attention towards video views
• There were options to click through to the website and the Facebook fan page
• The unit was targeted towards entertainment enthusiasts in contextually relevant environments
• The campaign included a free Vizu study assessing the ad’s impact on viewing intent
• The question asked was ‘How likely are you watch the season premiere of MTV’s Punk’d on Thursday March 29th?’
Tribal Fusion delivered:
• A CTR of 7.8 per cent (nearly double the average CTR) was achieved
• Twelve per cent of engagers watched the full two minute video
• Average time spend in the unit was 16.4 seconds
• The Vizu study showed a 19.5 per cent uplift in those who were either definitely or probably going to watch the premiere as a result of engaging with the Firefly Video unit
Read the blog and download the results here.