Exponential and Land Rover worked together to promote the new Land Rover Evoque through a brand awareness campaign. The key objectives were:
• To offer an efficient and economical brand awareness tool for the Land Rover brand
• To raise brand awareness of Land Rover’s new model, Evoque
• To create an impactful interaction improving brand favourability
The digital focus in the auto industry is to increase brand awareness during a customer’s consideration phase and ensure that the car is on their offline short list. To achieve this, Exponential used its premium user initiated engagement product Firefly Video to deliver a high quality branding campaign. Exponential included a free-of-charge Vizu brand engagement study to affirm the impact of the campaign.
Exponential built a bespoke branded Firefly Video unit for Land Rover incorporating:
• A video unit with hyperlinks through to the Land Rover website
• Click-through tabs to discover more about the Land Rover Evoque and to book a test drive
• Social sharing options through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube links
• The Vizu brand study asked one question to two audience groups. One group was exposed to the Evoque FFV unit and the other not. Both were asked the same question; ‘Which of the following cars do you prefer.’ (See image).
The campaign delivered:
• 172.6 per cent more users said they preferred the Land Rover Evoque after viewing the Firefly Video advert
• Average time users spend engaging with the unit was 14.2 seconds
• Making effective use of the brochure download, test drive booking and social sharing, the campaign achieved a CTR of 8.78 per cent
• The campaign achieved 4 per cent above the promised engagement rate.